I decided to link up with this really fun Back to School linky party.
Today, Monday, is all about me.
And…since I’m an only child…this is the perfect blog topic.
Here’s a little bit about me.
1. I’m getting married in 4 months. 4 months! I never really dreamed of my wedding day. And right before I met Mr. Roboto, I had given up…and totally thought I’d die alone (which I was totally fine with). Then he came along and…well the rest is history.
I love him, and I can’t wait to be a Mrs.
2. I have a great family. I was raised by my mom. I grew up right down the street from my grandparents and for most of my life was the only grandchild who lived in Texas…can you say spoiled?
My grandparents truly treated me like their own child. At my wedding, my grandparents will walk me half way, and my parents the other half…I wouldn’t be who I am today without them.
3. I also have amazing friends. THE BEST. And if I could…I’d post pictures of all of them. My heart aches for my friends and family back in Texas..but the great thing is..I know that whenever I come back, we will pick right up as if nothing ever happened. They are my family, my sisters and brothers. I love them.
4. I love to sing. I’m not good at it at all. Well, I think I’m great…like American Idol great. But, I’ve been told I ain’t so hot…so….that doesn’t stop me…EVER. I love karaoke…and singing in the car…and in the shower…and busting a move in the parking lot.
5. If you couldn’t tell…I’m the tutu teacher. I wear tutus at my school during any major holiday or big celebration. I LOVE tutus. They are an instant picker upper. I’ve pumped gas in a tutu and didn’t think twice…I love it.
6. I love my Ben. My big love dog Ben. We adopted him from a rescue group in Austin and he has been our lifesaver. He is such a love nugget.
7. I love shoes. And purses. It’s sick. I have way too many of both and I don’t care. Mr. Roboto gives me so much heck about it but….I don’t care. He doesn’t understand that shoes and purses were made to accent the adorable…I just keep buying them and not mentioning it.
8. MUSIC. Music is my everything. I guess that’s why I love to sing so much. I love music. I listened to punk and ska when I was younger…and I always listened to pop music because…you gotta get your dance on. I truly listen to everything now…from show tunes to punk and country. I try to see as many live shows as possible…that’s part of why I miss Austin so much (it’s the live music capital of the world). I have a few friends who are going to play She by Elvis Costello at my wedding…Elvis Costello is my everything…EVERYTHING.
9. Tattoos. I love them. I have tons of them. Most aren’t visible while I teach but…they’re there.
10. The last fun thing about me is…I love life. I do. I hate waking up in the morning …because sleeping in is AWESOME…but I love life. I love laughing and singing. Dancing and hugging. I love teaching and being an almost wife. I love blogging and talking to my friends about being a mommy. i love reading and eating. I just love it all. And sometimes it gets hard and frustrating and stressful…and sometimes a kid in the car driving next to you rolls his window down and dances with you to a song on the radio (this really happened to me and totally made my day). I love it all.